Meydan Mosque (Center): The mosque was constructed in the name of Gülbahar Hatun, Mother of Sultan Bayezit II and therefore name on the records are as Hatuniye Mosque. The mosque was constructed over a wide area in the Meydan quarter in 1474. The structure had been greatly damaged at the earthquakes occurred in 1939 and 1943. The mosque was then restored by the donations of the public and by the assistance of the Government and had been re-opened for worship in 1953. The structure is one of the most beautiful samples of Ottoman period creations. The marble portal decorated with Seljukian style stalactites and the tenon wooden gate are major art creations.