22 May 1922

The San Remo Conference decisions were rejected by the Turkish Grand National Assembly.

2 January 1922

A Friendship Pact was signed between the Ankara Government and the Ukrainian Government.

4 January 1922

Adana was evacuated. (The Turkish Army entered Adana on 5 January.) Mersin and Dörtyol were liberated. (On 1973 the liberation day of Adana had been changed to 20 December.)

10 January 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal gave a long statement to Vakit newspaper referring to his life and to his memoirs.

1 February 1922

It was decided to liberate Mosul.

4 February 1922

The period of the "Commander-in Chief" law was extended for another three months.

16 February 1922

The Central Army was abolished.

19 February 1922

Kazim Karabekir suggested forming a third Assembly consisting of specialists.

1 March 1922

The Turkish Grand National Assembly began its third year.

1 March 1922

Rauf Bey became Vice-President of the Assembly.

4 March 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal left Ankara to inspect the Front.

15 May 1922

Mustafa Kemal visited the Western Front.

22-26 March 1922

Paris Conference. On the 22 of March, the Entente States proposed an armistice to the Turks and the Greeks.

26 March 1922

The allies proposed some changes on the Treaty of Sevres.

30 March 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal, together with Ismet (Inönü) Pasha, returned to Cay from Aksehir.

12 April 1922

After the students' request of changing some of the lecturers who were offending the nationalist feelings, the Istanbul University was temporarily closed.

13 April 1922

The Italians started to evacuate the Söke Region.

14 April 1922

Yusuf Izzet Pasha died.

17 April 1922

Mustafa Kemal returned from the Western Front Headquarters to Ankara.

21 April 1922

Söke was occupied by the Greeks.

25 April 1922

Western Thrace Defence of Rights society was formed.

26 April 1922

The Turkish sailors captured a Greek ship.

6 May 1922

The period of the "Commander-in Chief" law was extended a second time for another three months.

11 May 1922

Hasan Bey became the Minister of Economics (Min. of Finance).

2 June 1922

After his return from Moscow, Ali Fuat Pasha conversed with Mustafa Kemal in Ankara.

3 June 1922

The Turkish Grand National Assembly decided to let the Greek cruelty be known to the world.

4 June 1922

The General Hajianestis was appointed as the Commander-in-Chief of the Greek Armies in Anatolia.

7 June 1922

The warship Averof together with two other Greek ships bombed Samsun.

11 June 1922

The Greek Armies Commander-in-Chief General Hajianetis arrived in Afyon.

14 June 1922

Mustafa Kemal saw his Mother in Adapazari.

17 June 1922

Ismet Pasha asked for Ali Ihsan Pasha to be released from his duties.

18 June 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal met with the French writer Claude Farere in Izmit. (On 21 January 1922, the Turkish Grand National Assembly decided to thank the writer who supported the Turks.)

20 June 1922

Fahrettin Pasha replaced Ali Ihsan Pasha as the Commander in proxy of the 1. Army.

24 June 1922

Mustafa Kemal returned from Adapazari to Ankara, and brought his mother with him.

29 June 1922

Nurettin Pasha was appointed to the command of the 1. Army.

3 July 1922

Ali Ihsan Pasha was sent to Independence Tribunal for adjudication.

8 July 1922

In the Turkish Grand National Assembly, it was decided that the Executive Committee should be elected with secret voting, without the designation of the president of the Assembly as candidates.

13 July 1922

Dr. Adnan Bey became the vice-president of the Turkish Grand National Assembly.

14 July 1922

During a feast given in Colonel Mougin's residence, in honour of the French National Holiday, Gazi Mustafa Kemal gave a long speech.

16 July 1922

During the Anatolia and Defence of Rights Group meeting Gazi Mustafa Kemal became the Permanent Chairman and Ali Fuat (Cebesoy) Pasha became the Chairman of the Group. The principles of the National Pact were accepted as the base.

20 July 1922

The Commander-in-Chief authorities of Gazi Mustafa Kemal were extended for an unlimited time.

21 July 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal left Ankara for the Western Front.

23 July 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal arrived in Aksehir.

25 July 1922

The Commander of the General Staff Fevzi Pasha arrived to the Western Front at Aksehir.

27 July 1922

Mustafa Kemal Pasha gave an order to prepare for the attack.

29 July 1922

Some of the lecturers were expelled from the University of Istanbul due to words used by them and their behaviour against the national feelings.

29 July 1922

The Entente States informed Greece by sending her a diplomatic note that they will not allow Greece to occupy Istanbul.

30 July 1922

The final amendments for the offensive plans and the decision of the Commander-in Chief for the date of attack as 26 August 1922.

30 July 1922

In Izmir, the Greek High Commissioner announced the founding of "ionia"State. (The Governments of Istanbul and Ankara, and also the Entente States protested this decision within the month of August.)

31 July 1922

The law that reorganizes the Independence Tribunals was passed from the Assembly.

4 August 1922

Enver Pasha was killed in Turkestan during an action against the Bolsheviks.

6 August 1922

The Western Front Commander Ismet (Inönü) Pasha gave a secret order to the armies for the preparation of attack.

6 August 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal returned to Ankara.

7 August 1922

Fevzi Pasha returned to Ankara.

7 August 1922

The British High Commissioner Sir H. Rumbold spoke with Vahdeddin. The Sultan requested from him for the regions occupied by the Greeks to be given to his government and to assist him for suppressing of the movement in Anatolia.

13 August 1922

The move of the headquarters of the General Staff from Ankara to Western Front.

14 August 1922

Celaleddin Arif Bey resigned from the chairmanship.

16 August 1922

The headquarters of the General Staff began working in Aksehir.

17 August 1922

The Commander-in Chief Mustafa Kemal Pasha departed from Ankara to the Front.

20 August 1922

The Commander-in Chief arrived to Aksehir.

24 August 1922

The headquarters moved from Aksehir to Sühut.

25 August 1922

Mustafa Kemal Pasha informed to Rauf Bey (The Premier) that the armies will start their offensive the next day.

26 August 1922

The Great Offensive began at 05:30 hours with the artillery fire.

26 August 1922

Iznik was liberated.

27 August 1922

Afyon was liberated.

30 August 1922

The pitched battle of the Commander-in-Chief at Dumlupinar won.

31 August 1922

After the evaluation of the latest situation by Mustafa Kemal, Fevzi and Ismet Pashas, the Commander-in-Chief gave the chase order.

1 September 1922

The order of the Commander-in Chief Mustafa Kemal: Armies...! Our first target is the Mediterranean.Forward...!

2 September 1922

The Greek Commander-in-Chief Trikopis was captured near Calköy.

3 September 1922

The name of "Battle of the Commander-in Chief" given to the battle fought on the 30th of August.

3 September 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal arrived from Dumlupinar to Usak.

4 September 1922

The Greeks burned Aksehir. Sögüt and Kula were liberated.

5 September 1922

Bilecik was liberated.

6 September 1922

The black cloth that was covering the rostrum of the Turkish Grand National Assembly after the Greek occupation of Bursa on 8 July 1920 was removed.

6 September 1922

Polyemekalis, who was appointed by Greece as the Commander-in-Chief to the Greek Anatolian armies arrived in Izmir.

7 September 1922

The Entente States appealed to Ankara Government and asked for an armistice. They told Greece to free Anatolia as the conditional clause.

7 September 1922

The government in Greece resigned. Kalogeropoulus formed the new cabinet.

7 September 1922

The liberation of Aydın.

8 September 1922

The liberation of Manisa.

9 September 1922

Izmir was taken back.

10 September 1922

Entry of Mustafa Kemal Pasha to Izmir.

10 September 1922

The liberation of Bursa.

12 September 1922

The Commander-in Chief of the British Mediterranean Fleet Admiral Brock, in a letter addressed to Mustafa Kemal, asked whether or not Ankara is in war with the British. (Gazi Mustafa Kemal, in reply to that letter on 13 September, stated that two countries would be able to establish political relations.)

13 September 1922

The announcement of Gazi Mustafa Kemal to the nation. (While congratulating the nation, he also gave the salutations of the army from Izmir, Bursa and the horizons of the Mediterranean.)

14 September 1922

Mustafa Kemal was given the dignity of the "Fellow Townsmen" of Izmir.

15 September 1922

Ayvalik and some other small towns were liberated from the occupation.

15 September 1922

The British Cabinet, decided to send a notification to Mustafa Kemal for not to attack the neutral zones and to ask for a conference meeting.

17 September 1922

The Turkish units entered Bandirma.

18 September 1922

The Entente States gave a diplomatic note to Ankara Government to comply with the neutrality of the zones in the straits and in Istanbul.

18 September 1922

Erdek and Biga were liberated from the Greek occupation.

19 September 1922

The Commander-in-Chief met with the General Pelle in Izmir.

19 September 1922

The French and the Italians evacuated the Anatolian shore.

20 September 1922

The French and the Italians withdrew from Canakkale.

23 September 1922

The first diplomatic note of the Entente States after the victory.

24 September 1922

Damat Ferid escaped from the country.

24 September 1922

The Turkish forces entered the neutral zone.

27 September 1922

General Harrington informed Gazi Mustafa Kemal that the Greek Naval Fleet was asked to sail out from Istanbul.

27 September 1922

Revolution in Greece. The King Constantine left the throne.

28 September 1922

After the warranty given by Franklin Bouillon, the Turkish armies' movement towards the straights were stopped.

29 September 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal, in reply to the diplomatic note of the Entente States' of 23 September, informed the acceptance of the Mudanya Conference and also informed that Ismet (Inönü) Pasha was appointed as the delegate.

30 September 1922

Ismet Pasha departed for Mudanya as the delegate of the Conference.

1-2 October 1922

Franklin Bouillon held a meeting with the Entente States' extraordinary commissariats.

3-11 October 1922

Mudanya Conference.

4 October 1922

The Turkish Grand National Assembly gave an extensive reply to the Entente States' diplomatic note of 23 September.

5 October 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal accepted the fellow township of Ankara that was offered to him.

5 October 1922

Fethi Bey became the Minister of Internal Affairs.

7 October 1922

Paris resolutions.

9 October 1922

The French and the Italian delegates held a private meeting with Ismet Pasha.

10 October 1922

Ismet Pasha received the authority to sign a treaty.

10 October 1922

Mustafa Kemal Pasha sent a reply message to Franklin Bouillon.

11 October 1922

The Mudanya Armistice was signed.

14 October 1922

The Mudanya Armistice was accepted by the Greek government.

15 October 1922

Mudanya Armistice came into force.

15 October 1922

The Greeks started to evacuate the Eastern Thrace.

16 October 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal departed to Bursa.

19 October 1922

Refet (Bele), who was given the task of taking over the Thrace, arrived in Istanbul.

19 October 1922

The British Premier Lloyd George had fallen from the power. On 23 October Bonar Law formed a new cabinet.

23 October 1922

The take over dates of Eastern Thrace were determined.

26 October 1922

Ismet Pasha became the Minister of External Affairs.

26 October 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal thanked the Faculty of Literature of the Istanbul University who gave him the Honorary Professorship.

27 October 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal gave a speech to the teachers in Bursa.

27 October 1922

Ismet Pasha left the Command of the Western Front.

27 October 1922

Fevzi (Cakmak) Pasha was appointed to the Command of the Western Front. He also kept the duty and the title of the Commander of the General Staff.

28 October 1922

The Entente States asked from the Ankara and Istanbul governments for delegates to be sent for the conference to be held at Lausanne. (On 29 October, the Ankara government informed them that they accepted the proposition.)

30 October 1922

The General Assembly resolution of "The extinction of the Ottoman Empire and the formation of the government of the Turkish Grand National Assembly."

30 October 1922

The last meeting of the Council of Ministers held in Istanbul.(A resolution concerning the military medical students was passed.)

31 October 1922

Eastern Thrace was started to be handed over to the Turkish Gendarmerie and civilian officials. Corlu and Silivri were handed over.

1 November 1922

The Turkish Gendarmerie units started to take new positions in the region of the Dardanelles and in the other areas.

1 November 1922

The sovereignty was abolished.

4 November 1922

In Istanbul, after the resignation of the Tevfik Pasha's cabinet, the last Ottoman government was abolished. Istanbul entered into the authority of the Ankara Government.

4 November 1922

The last issue of the Government Gazette of the Ottoman Government, the "Takvim-i Vekayi" was published.

4 November 1922

Ismet (Inönü) Pasha informed the abolition of the sovereignty to the Entente States.

5 November 1922

Refet (Bele) ordered all the administrations in Istanbul to put an end to all their works. This way, the Istanbul government was ended.

5 November 1922

The Lausanne delegation left Ankara.

6 November 1922

The laws accepted by the Turkish Grand National Assembly were put into practise in Istanbul and at Thrace.

9 November 1922

The Lausanne delegation left Istanbul.

10 November 1922

Liberation of Kirklareli from the occupation.

10 November 1922

The last salutation ceremony was made for VI. Mehmet Vahdeddin.

11 November 1922

The Turkish delegation arrived to Lausanne.

16 November 1922

The last Sultan Vahdeddin sent a letter to the Occupation Armies Commander-in-Chief Harrington stating that his life was in danger in Istanbul and would like to take shelter in Britain.

17 November 1922

Vahdeddin escaped from Istanbul with the British warship Malaya.

18 November 1922

Vahdeddin was deprived from the caliphate by the Turkish Grand National Assembly, and Abdül Mejid Efendi was selected as Caliph.

20 November 1922

The commencement of the Lausanne Conference.

21 November 1922

The first session of the Lausanne Conference was made.

25 November 1922

Edirne was liberated from the occupation.

26 November 1922

Canakkale was liberated from the occupation.

28 November 1922

The resolution, stating the abolition of the "tugra" (the Sultan's signature or the seal) and the name of the Sultan on the official documents and replacing it with the seal and the signature of the Turkish Grand National Assembly on all the official documents signed on behalf of the nation, was issued.

28 November 1922

In Greece, the cabinet members and the Commander-in-Chief, Hajianestis were sentenced to death due to the cause of the defeat of the Greek Armies.

30 November 1922

In accordance with the Mudanya Armistice, handing over the Eastern Thrace procedures was completed.

2 December 1922

On the proposal given by three deputies for the change of the election law, Gazi Mustafa Kemal spoke in The Turkish Grand National Assembly.

6 December 1922

Dr. Adnan Bey has resigned from the vice-presidency of th Turkish Grand National Assembly.

6 December 1922

Gazi Mustafa Kemal revealed to journalists of the Sovereignty of the People, Advice and to the New day newspapers that he was going to form the People's Party.

13 December 1922

Ali Fuat Pasha has been selected as the vice-president of the Turkish Grand National Assembly.

16 December 1922

Dr. Adnan Bey became the Istanbul representative of the government.

22 December 1922

The Commander-in-Chief ordered Army to be ready in the case of the interruption of the Lausanne Conference.