The Gallipoli Campaign Çanakkale Wars International "Peace Songs" Contest
The Galilboli Campaign (Çanakkale Wars)are one of the most important, vast
and significant wars of the history. From this point of view, it will be very
meaningful to realize various activities based on the dimensions of humanity,
international peace and reciprocal relations. This war can not only be evaluated
with the participation of the nations or from their point of view, but the
problem can be handled with a humanist approch as on the basis of the fact of
what war has given to us as “citizens of the world”.
The Galipoli Wars, have the scope and effect as the symbol of all other wars.
With the creation of new songs having the context of love and peace in order to
reflect the identity of this war between all nations, it will be very useful to
remember this historical event as a positive and permanent trace for the
humankind and it is also believd that this event will be a convenient
interference for the spirit of the Galipoli Wars.
From this point of view the aim of this project is; to create new songs
having the the main theme of LOVE and PEACE within the framework of the
activities of the THE ANNIVERSARY OF THE GALIPOLI CAMPAIGN (ÇANAKALE WARS) .
Thus it is aimed to remember the Galipoli Campaign (Çanakkale Wars).
With this competiton, it is planned to encourage to create musical works
having the subjects of the spirit that The Galilboli Campaign (Çanakkale
Wars)have revealed and that the humankind has longed so far, to make such a
matter to be participated into the world culture by means of music and to reach
the interest and cultural interaction which has been yearned for a long time.
Thus, an international music competition has been arranged for composers from
Turkey, Australia, New Zealand, England, France, India and Germany.
The Scope And Theme Of The Competıtıon
The works which will participate to the competition shall create these works
having the themes stated below for The Anniversary of the Galilboli Campaign
(Çanakkale Wars)in Çanakkale in April 22, 2003 – April 25, 2003;
The works shall have the features of Song or Popular Song and;
- Shall have a duration of 3-5 minutes,
- Shall be a new composition
- Can be written in all languages
- The chosen works shall be performed within the framework of the Remembrance
Day and The Anniversary of the Galipoli Campaign (Çanakkale Wars)
- Citizens from Turkey, Australia, New Zealand, Engaland, France, India and
Germany can participate to this competition except for the officials and the
jury members taking part in the competition.
- Works which have been performed before can not enter to the comeptition.
- A composer can participate to the competition with more than one
- The copyright of the works which have been awarded on the first date they
have been performed, the usage rights of the works for the Remembrance Day and
The Anniversary of the Galilboli Campaign (Çanakkale Wars)and their usage in
national days and the CD, registeration/publication rights shall be pertained to
the Ministry of Culture.
Applıcatıon And The Delivery Of The Works
- The works shall be delivered with at least a piano accompaniment with 1 CD
and with musical notes (9 pieces) written in PC’s.
- The works shall be delivered with the deadline of February 28, 2003 by the
end of 17.30, with a registered reply paid letter or by hand with a signatue.
The delays shall not be taken into consideration
T.C. KÜLTÜR BAKANLIĞI
MAKAM 21 Opera/Ulus-ANKARA
- No explenatory information, sign or symbol shall be found in the works of
the composer identifying the identity of the composer
- A 7 lettered sign shall be written on the works,
- Information idetifying the composers identity shall be put in a different
envelope (idetity envelope) and the information of the composer such as name,
surname, adress, telephone, e-mail fax number shall be placed in this envelope.
On the envelop, the 7 lettered sign which can only be used on the work, shall be
- Identity envolope and all the copies of the work including the CD shall be
put in a big envolope,
and there will not be any explanatory information, sign and symbol about the
identity of the composer on the envolope. 7 lettered sign, which was used only
for this work shall be written on the envolope.
- Works, which have got the place in the competiton, shall be announced to
the public on 12
March 2003 by the means of press and broadcasting organisations.
- Orchestra matterials and conductor’s partitur which belongs to the work
writen for orchestra
and grand symphonic orchestra, shall be demanded from the copmposer of the
selected works. These materials that are recquired for the performance of the
works in the competion shall be delivered untill the 04 April 2003 Friday, to
the adress stated above.
- The Award of the first place work: 7000 $
- The award of the second place work: 5000$
- The award of the third place work: 3500$
- 7 Sucsses Award shall be delivered and 2000 $ shall be given for each of
Selection comitee shall be bodied:
- Head of the commitee: Hüseyin Akbulut vice undersecretary of the Ministry
- Member from Turkey
- And Musician members who wil be determined by the embassay of Australia,
New Zeland, England, France, India and Germany.